Application Period for the incoming class starting in 2018 will open on October 15, 2017.
Radiologic Technology Program Application
link will become active in October 2018
If accepted, students will be participating in courses that include mandatory clinical placements at local hospitals. Currently, many affiliated hospitals require that all students submit to a background screening (see below) and review before commencing clinical rotations. Students might become ineligible for clinical assignment, based on the acceptance of the background check results, as evaluated by any one of our clinical affiliates. Therefore, accepted students who have any of the following conviction are automatically denied program admission.
The following information was provided by one of our clinical education centers, Kaiser Hospitals of Northern California. These restrictions prevent a student from being at any of their facilities. Other hospitals evaluate background checks on a case by case basis and may exclude convictions not listed here. Students who are restricted from one institution that the Radiologic Technology Program uses are restricted from attending clinical experience, since we rotate students to different facilities throughout the program.
A student with a background check that indicates any of the following felony and/or misdemeanor convictions within the last 7 years is not eligible for a clinical placement:
- Violent crimes such as murder, rape, sexual assault, kidnapping, attempted murder, assault with deadly weapons.
- Crimes involving theft, embezzlement, burglary, forgery, fraud, arson, identity theft.
- Sex crimes including sexual molestation, and sex crimes against children, or any conviction for which a candidate is required to register as a sex offender with a state or federal agency.
- Drug related crimes such as drug theft, sales, distribution, manufacturing and possession of controlled substances.
- Multiple convictions (more than one conviction for same or different crime).
- Name posted on any government sanctioned or debarred list.
Students desiring further information are directed to the Ethics Review Pre-Application available at the Students and Educators page on the ARRT Website.